Microsoft Word is a word processor designed by Microsoft and one of the office productivity programs included in Microsoft Office. Presently, Microsoft Word is closely related to almost everyone’s daily routine. Normally, you can use Microsoft Word to make different kinds of documents such as reports, letters, diaries, meeting minutes, and so on.
Everything seems good after making a report for your today’s task until you accidentally deleted or closed a Word document without saving what you wrote. Or let’s say your PC suddenly shut down when you were writing some reports. Or it might be that Microsoft Word crashed suddenly. For sure, all your efforts and invested time were in vain.
Obviously, if you’ve already backed up your Word documents, there’s no problem because you can easily restore them easily. But the thing is, a lot of users out there don’t backup most of their files especially documents. That’s why in this article we will share to you how to recover unsaved Word document on Windows 10.
Top Methods to Recover Unsaved Word Document
This part mainly concentrates on how to recover unsaved Word document in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 9, and Windows 10. Make sure to take a closer look at these approaches and pick the one that will work best for your needs.
Make sure not to write any new data on your hard drive after your Word document is lost because this can significantly reduce your chances to restore that lost document.
Use Recovery Software
If some of the methods we mentioned here don’t work, then make sure to use a data recovery tool. In order to execute an effective document recovery, you can resort to Recoverit Pro.
This particular software allows user to recover lost documents from all data loss scenarios in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 9, and Windows 10. All kinds of files can be restored including videos, photos, documents, and other files. Follow the steps below.
- Install and open the recovery software and choose Deleted Files Recovery from the list.
- After that, choose the location where your unsaved word document lost for scanning then press Start.
- Then the recovery software will begin a fast scan and if you can’t see the unsaved document after the scan, just click All-Around Recovery in order to perform a deep scan.
- Just choose the Word document that you want to restore and press Recover.
Take note that you can search for the unsaved Word document effortlessly by simply utilizing the classification selection which is File Modified Data.
For Word 2003 & 2002 Versions
- Head to Tools menu and press Options.
- Select File Locations then double-click on AutoRecover files and remember the path. Then select Cancel then exit it.
- Search the AutoRecover File Location and locate the documents end with .asd.
- After you find the unsaved document, just double-click it to open and Save the word.
For Word 2007 Versions
- Select the Microsoft Office button to head to the Word Options.
- Then select Save in the Navigation Pane.
- Then note the path in the AutoRecover file location box then select Cancel then close the program.
- Access the folder that you’ve noted earlier and search for the documents end with .asd.
- Lastly, search for the documents that you’re looking for and double-click on it and Save it.
For Word 2010 Versions
- Head to File menu and press Recent.
- Now, scroll down to select Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Choose the unsaved document from the list then double-click on it to open and save it.
For Word 2013, 2016, and 2019 Versions
- Head to File Menu and press Open then Recent Documents.
- After that, scroll down to the end to select Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Then select the one that you’re seeking for. Just double-click on it to access and Save it.
Check AutoRecover files
Now, if you weren’t able to open the Word document or you don’t observe any kind of recoverable file when you open it, try this next approach.
Check Recent Changes
For the most part, Microsoft Word will make auto-save files or backup copies when you’re editing a document. That’s why you can attempt at opening the document again. After that, a list of available files will be displayed in the left side recovery pane of the program. You can then pick the unsaved file from the list and restore it.
With all the recovery methods we shared to you above, the answer on how to recover unsaved Word document on Windows 10 is so easy.
But keep in mind that with a Word document backup ready, you don’t really need to get anxious about data loss anytime soon.
If any of the above methods have helped you, please leave a comment down below. Thank you!